July 4, 2008


I can't even believe that I am about to say this, but we did not take any pictures today!! That's why I had to post the clip art to go with today's recap. We didn't do too much this morning because I wasn't feeling too well. By the afternoon I was feeling better so we rented a movie at one of those dollar a day DVD rentals that they have at some grocery stores (great way to rent movies by the way!!). We rented Vantage Point-a great movie if you are looking for one. Then we cooked dinner on the grill and headed to Brusters for some ice cream. I really wish that we would have brought our camera with us....what a melting mess we all were. As soon as we got the ice cream it just melted because it was so hot. Neat tidbit of information-children under 40" get a free baby cone!! Then we decided to drive by the Horse Park on the way home to see if we wanted to stop by. They had some activities beginning at 5pm and then fireworks later on. We decided to go on in and got an amazing parking spot....the 8 1/2 months pregnant card works wonders! They had food booths, craft areas, music, pony rides, and blow up games for kids. It was nice to get out and walk around. Then it was time for the fireworks. We sat in the car and waited for about 30 or 45 minutes. Finally, they started. So, we sat on the tailgate and watched. Hayden was a trooper for the first few and then she started talking about the car (she wanted back in the car.....quick!). Instead, I held her as she buried her head in my shoulder. Then we asked her if she wanted her sun glasses because it seemed like she just didn't like the bright light. She didn't have any problem with the loud noise. Jeremy went to the truck to get her glasses and she wore them the rest of the time. She sat on his lap with her glasses on, eyes closed, and hands covering her glasses!! What a nut. No tears though. So, that was Hayden's first experience with fireworks and we didn't even have a camera to capture it!! It would have been a great picture.

0 love notes: