August 5, 2009

1 Year Check Up...

We got in today for Layne's 1 year check up. Let me back up a little here. The day began with an eye appointment for myself. The doctor dilated my pupils, so I was sporting my sunglasses everywhere I went. Thank goodness they let me wear my own sunglasses instead of those box around the face shades that they used to give you! After my appointment I sped home, picked up Layne, and we were off to her appointment. It was scheduled with the new doctor in the office. Well, tiny Layner is continuing to drop on the growth curve for weight. She is now off of the curve and is in the less than 3rd percentile (16 pounds 12 ounces)! This doctor was very worried about that and said that it's a lack of calories. She wants us to come back in a month for a weigh in! I was instructed to give her vitamins, table food (which I do), and pediasure. I mean, I knew she was skinny but is it really that big of a deal!? She seems happy and healthy and active. Ok, onto the height- 28 3/4 inches (25th percentile). She got two shots but did well. Everything other than the weight is good with the little Layner.

3 love notes:

Suzanne said...

Sorry the dr. is worried about Layne! I didn't realize she was such a peanut. :) Bryson was 17 lbs. 4 oz. at his 6 month checkup. I'm sure she's fine - she's probably just an active, petite little thing! She's precious!

Jessica said...

Hannah was right around that weight too...I wouldn't worry...I'm sure she's just created to be little. We are all to familiar with those weigh ins!

heather said...

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Layne is obviously a happy and healthy baby. Elizabeth has always been in the lower 10th percentile too.