July 9, 2010

Busted.

Last night after Test Kitchen I was working on icing some cakes. Hayden wanted to sit on the counter and watch me. When I sat her up there she said to me, "Mommy, I can't have anything else to eat tonight because I just brushed my teeth." A few minutes later this is what I found...icing face!
This is how we find Layne a few nights a week. Sometimes she falls out, wakes up, and cries and other nights she just falls out of bed but stays asleep on the floor!
Bridal Consultation Cupcakes
Aren't these the cutest boxes ever!? Paula Deen has stuff at Michael's now....along with Duff from Ace of Cakes! These are Paula Deen cupcake boxes. Love them!
This bride would like a henna inspired cake-that means TONS of piping! Anyway, we have talked about cakes and prices and all that. But now it's time for the sweet stuff. I am meeting her tonight so that she can taste some flavor combinations that she likes. White cupcakes and lemon cupcakes some filled with lemon curd and others filled with raspberry. Some iced with buttercream and other with chocolate buttercream. We'll see how things go tonight I guess!
I made these a month or so ago but I forgot to post the picture. It was a toffee cupcake with a caramel inside topped with chocolate buttercream a chocolate candy and caramel drizzle. They tasted good except for the fact that the hidden caramel inside sunk to the bottom and stuck to the wrapper and became VERY chewy! I'm going to keep experimenting with this one because I think it's a really good combo.......

0 love notes: