July 12, 2010

Our Little Monkey is Almost 2!

Layne's birthday is this Friday! We are going to be in Pittsburgh for my cousin's wedding so we decided not to have a party. I know, can you believe that?! We've just had such a busy summer and I wanted a very low key celebrations for our monkey. So, we are actually having 3 parties for her!?!?! Tonight we are going over to Jeff and Jan's house to have a birthday dinner, Friday we are having a small birthday celebration in Pittsburgh with Mom, Bern, Johnny, and Mwende, and then Sunday morning we are having a birthday breakfast with the Grove City family, my dad, and Melody.
The cake is for tonight and it's banana cake with chocolate buttercream and cream cheese filling. Iced in chocolate buttercream and then covered in fondant. Accents are gumpaste, fondant, and chocolate. I got the design idea from one of my favs....Pink Cake Box! Love them!

0 love notes: