July 21, 2011

Our Anniversary Adventure!

Jeremy and I just celebrated 8 years of marriage on July 19th!! We decided to go on an adventure in the city since we NEVER go there. It all started at Smoothie Blender-our friend Henry's shop. He made us surprise smoothies that weren't even on the menu! Jeremy got Dreamcicle and I got Love Potion Number 9. They were delicious. It was a great start to our adventure! Thanks Henry!

Our next stop was Fox Brothers for some amazing bbq. It was not a fancy restaurant at all, but that's not what we were looking for. We both love bbq and it was a very laid back comfortable atmosphere.
Whitney recommended that I get the Fox Brothers Burger and I am so glad that I listened to her. It was perfection. The fried okra was wonderful too. Some anonymous caller took care of our bill!! Pretty sure that it was Whit. She is such a thoughtful and caring friend. Thanks Whit!!
Next we spotted a Snoballs place!! We just had to stop there and try it out. We even got to meet the owner! Their flavors were limited, but good. The ice was different too, not as soft as Beach Snoballs. It made me excited for August when we get to go to our shop in Florida and enjoy perfect snoballs!
Then we spent the night at Embassy Suites thanks to David! I have never been in that hotel before but it was beautiful. When we got to our room we found champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge!
In the morning we headed to a glass blowing studio which was a recommendation of our friend Kim. We learned how to make two different kinds of glass pieces in 2 hours! Our teachers was Lee and he was wonderful. This is Jerm making his flower.
Here he is making the inside colorful part of his paperweight.
Here he is rounding and smoothing his finished paperweight.
My paperweight in progress.
Trying hard to look cute even though my face feels like it's about to melt off....that joker was HOT!
Smoothing my paperweight.
These are NOT our finished projects-just examples of what we made. All in all we made 3 flowers and 2 paperweights. We will pick our finished pieces up sometime next week....I can't wait!! This was such a great experience. I would highly recommend it. The place is called Siyah Glass Studio.
On the way home Jeremy decided to take on the gas light/gas tank. Gas station after gas station we passed even though the "I need gas" light was on. Not sure what exactly Jerm was looking for in the way of a gas station but apparently the 20 that we passed did not have the "it factor". So, we drove on and on. I even asked a few times, "Are you going to get gas?" and he would tell me "yes" but continue to drive and drive, I guess continuing to look for that perfect gas station. We got what I thought was VERY close to running out and I asked again and he even said that we'd get off at the next exit.....BUT....HE PASSED THE NEXT EXIT when it came! Right in between that passed exit and the next one is when.....Jeremy lost the battle and the truck just turned off! Woman's intuition......maybe??!!
This is his defeated look. We ran out of gas!!!
What could we do but laugh?!
As we waited for the HERO unit in the sweltering heat we tried to enjoy the time. We got some jellybeans out and Jeremy suggested tossing them at passing cars.....ummmmmm....NO! But we needed to do something to distract us from the speeding cars and trucks that would fly by so fast that the truck would shake!! So, we tossed them on my side of the truck. We tried to hit trees and stuff. We sat there for about 30 minutes, but our HERO finally came :)

0 love notes: