October 5, 2011




When Jeremy and I decided that it was time to expand our family and have a baby we had no idea how much that decision would change our lives. I had this idea in my mind that I would meet my husband in college or very soon after (checked that off the list), be married by 24 (checked it off the list), and have our first child before we had been married 2 years..... I couldn't understand why we weren't getting pregnant. After all, that was what I had planned. Why wasn't God following MY plan?! That was are really hard time for us. Pregnancy and babies was all consuming. I had no idea what God had in store for us, but I knew it wasn't children at that point in our lives. Once I came to that realization God revealed HIS plan for my life at that moment. He wanted me to go to Zimbabwe and share His love with people who had NEVER heard. That call was so clear that I couldn't even think about not going. If you've ever had a crystal clear calling at any time in your life you can totally relate to that. So, I went and it was life changing. I met Chenayi....my soul mate. It was such a short friendship, but it was one of the strongest that I have ever and probably will ever have. She was an incredible human and I am so so so thankful that God had our paths cross.



Unfortunately, Chenayi passed away due to a house fire but I know that she's celebrating and praising Jesus up in heaven every single day!
It was amazing though, very soon after I got back from Zimbabwe Jeremy and I got pregnant with sweet Hayden. Hayden Chenayi Ross was born five years ago on October 5, 2006 at 9:26pm. Parenting has been one of the hardest and greatest things I've ever done. It is such a humbling thing to realize that God trusted Jeremy and I so much that He gave us two of His precious gifts to raise. I love each of them to pieces and I couldn't ask for anything better. I know that this journey called parenting is just beginning for Jeremy and I but what a great time we've had so far! Happy Birthday sweet baby girl. You have brought more joy to our lives than you'll ever know....until you have a child of your own that is!!

0 love notes: