July 21, 2012

Scrapbooking & Updates!


About a week before Gwynn came into this world I decided that it was far past time to start, work on, and complete Layne's one year scrapbook. I hate feeling like she gets the shaft some of the times just because she's the second child. I guess I feel like if I can do a scrapbook for Layne at least Gwynn has a chance at getting one :) I actually have a really great idea for Gwynn's scrapbook. It will include all of the weekly updates that I am going to do. Much less work when I actually go to put it together because all of the writing and facts will already be there. I will say though, I have thoroughly enjoyed going back through Layne's first year on the blog in order to pull pictures and details about her life. So, the week before Gwynn I pulled pictures and had them printed. Then I got started working on each individual page. I think that I got to Layne's 9th month before it was time to have Gwynn. So, this last week I have been finishing the book and going back to each page and writing down every little detail that goes with the pictures. It has made me so excited about Gwynn's first year. I just can't wait to see how much she grows and changes throughout this year. I absolutely love seeing their littler God given personalities develop. It is going to be so much fun continuing on our journey with an addition to our family!!
Update on Gwynn.....she is doing so well. Jeremy and I can't remember things being this easy or Layne and Hayden being this good this early on. I know that she's only a week and a half but she is just so content. I have to wake her up to feed her between every 2 1/2 to 3 hours every time during the day and then she wakes up every 3 hours at night to feed. She has no trouble sleeping in her crib or swing. When she's awake she is very pleasant. The only time she cries is when she's hungry.
Update on Hayden and Layne. They are transitioning so well into their new roles as big sisters. They just adore Gwynn and are the best helpers. They both are so eager to do whatever I need. They are both getting geared up to start school! Hayden starts in a week and Layne starts in two. That's when it's really going to get weird. Just having Gwynn at home while the girlies are growing and learning at school.....where has the time gone?!
I feel like I am totally back to normal...even better than normal. I'm not feeling sleep deprived or depressed or irritable. I am so truly happy. I am especially happy to not be pregnant anymore! I'm really looking forward to 5 weeks down the road when Gwynn and I can start hitting the pavement so that I can get back to running again! That's going to be awesome! I am just in love with our family of five. God is so good!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 love notes: