November 24, 2012

The Half

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I decided that I was going to start training for the Thanksgiving Half Marathon. I had been running some, but it was good incentive to really bump my training up a lot! I found that it was actually a lot harder to train as a nursing mother to an infant! We worked it all out though. 
I had my last long run about 10 days before the race. It was a hard run and I was SO sore afterwards. I was more sore after the 12 mile run than I was after the half marathon for some reason. The day after my 12 miler I started experiencing neck and back pains. I dealt with it for about a week and then finally went to the chiropractor. He adjusted me and the kink feeling in my neck went away. I was still so sore and achy though. A massage therapist friend of mine came over a few days later and helped with those pains. The next day I woke up with a terrible headache and more neck pains. Fortunately, I had another chiropractor appointment that morning. He worked on me again, took x-rays to ease my mind, and told me to run the race! So, I ran the race with some pain....but really who isn't in pain when running 13.1 miles?! My time was not the greatest, but my goal was to finish the race and I did that! I got to run it with my good friend Whit. Whit just got into running about a year and a half or so ago. She has now run 4 half marathons in one year! She's an amazing inspiration for me to get back in shape after baby number three. 

0 love notes: