February 1, 2012

Reality Setting In


Jan had this (and a boy outfit just in case) in her office for when we found out what we were having. The first little outfit for this sweet baby. Seeing her on the ultrasound two weeks ago began the "reality check" for me. Then when Jan revealed that we were having a girl it was just another huge does of reality....this tiny creature inside me IS coming and....ready or not..... IT'S ANOTHER GIRL. That's when it really started to hit me that the Ross' really are going to be a family of 5 soon. I know that there was a point months back that I really wanted a third child, but we all know Jeremy...... and I just didn't really think that it would happen. He was very adamant about only having two.
The past few weeks have been filled with a lot of deep sighs between Jeremy and I. I think reality is hitting him as well. We are excited about all of this, don't get me wrong. It's all just still a little hard to believe. That's what's so dangerous about making your own plans. If Jeremy and I had "our way" and God consulted us when He was planning out our lives we would only have the two children and I would be running a bakery right now....not pregnant. But, could you imagine if we were really in charge of planning out our own lives?! What a mess everything would be. We do have free will and look at the poor choices we make with that!! I know that God's will and plans are far better that anything that I could come up with, even though sometimes I act like my ways are better. Since this pregnancy has been kind of a hard pill to swallow (believe me, I feel terrible typing that let alone feeling it!!) I had to dive into His Word for some much needed comfort and understanding. I needed to KNOW that He knew what He was doing and that He was going to be with us every step of the way. The fact is that we are barely making it as a family of four, how will we do this as a family of FIVE?! Well, this is what I found......

Isaiah 55:6-11

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
   and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
   and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
   come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
   without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
   It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Proverbs 3:5-6 
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

Another cool thing that I discovered is that I worked to memorize the Proverbs verses about 4 months ago!! God was preparing my heart for this sweet child before she was a reality in our minds!! He is so good and His ways are right....all the time!!
Now it's time for another reality check, giving this sweet baby girl a name!! Let the fun begin!! 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 love notes: