December 1, 2011

Ross......Family of FIVE!

An early Christmas present to us from God! Jeremy and I had kind of come to the conclusion that we were "done at two". Now, he reached that conclusion A LOT sooner than I did. He has ALWAYS said that he only wanted two children. And I always wavered between 2 and 3. About 2 or 3 months ago we both got on the same page about only having 2 kiddos. Now, I wasn't going to let Jerm rush off at "have the surgery" or anything extreme like that. But I felt content with the two that we have. 
Then came the headache......a headache that I have only had two times (three times now) in my life. The "You are pregnant" headache! We took a test and sure enough. God just wanted to remind us that He is the one in charge here. Proverbs 16:9 says "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." How wonderful to know that God is our Director, it's so nice to know that the one that created us loves us enough to be involved in our lives. Could you imagine what our lives would look like if we were actually in charge...like we often think we are!?!? He knows our destiny already, He has wonderful plans for all of us....even this tiny little miracle growing inside of me. 

This is how we told our families. We sent them these cute little Thanksgiving cards. Everyone was so excited  with the news. 
 
And this is how we told the girls. I wrote a sentence on a piece of paper and Daddy helped Hayden sound it out. It was so anticlimactic. I was expecting that they would be jumping out of their skins with excitement. But, they were pretty normal about the whole thing. They don't really get it. They don't get why my tummy isn't bulging out and why on the ultrasound it looks like a tiny white blip.  

0 love notes: